The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first post here.

I've got a 46g bowfront on the way. I'm planning on stocking it with a pair of Laetacara dorsigera, Apistogramma borellii, and Cleithacara maronii. All small south american cichlids.

I'd like to do a planted tank but I need some direction. I like swords, and I love carpeting plants but I'm not big on CO2 or high tech systems. I am up for suggestions as to what I should stock with and what substrate I should use.

For lighting.... Again I'm open to suggestions. I've priced LED fixtures for reef tanks before so I know what they run, but I'd imagine for a planted tank they'd have to be a little more cost effective. I mean plants wouldn't need the PAR levels that corals do I'd imagine. So if they aren't too expensive then throw them at me.

Otherwise I was thinking of some of the little LED bulbs from home depot or lowes and hanging those over the tank? I have no idea, lol.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Check out the FInnex led on aquavibrant.com they are great and affordable. I use them on all my tanks. Glosso would be good for carpet. Any sword would be good, needle leaf java ferns are great. A lot of options and good knowledgeable here.

-Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts