The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being bored and having too much sleep (we new baby at home, LOL) what could be possibly a better idea than a new tank build to replace my 3G Mr Aqua on my desk at work.

So I started with Marineland Contour 3.

After a trip to Tap Plastics, I have built nice acrylic cover with two hinges - smoke for back compartment and clear in front for feeding.

Here is the cover alone

And the tank with hardscape

The plants will be:
Java moss on the stone in the back and on the wood piece.
Anubias Nana Petite on the wood piece.

Crinum Calamistratum from the old tank on the left side behind the wood.

Some Dwarf Sagittaria on the right side.

And Amazon Frogbit to cut down the light.

The light is going to be 12" Finnex FugeRay Planted+ from the other tank (for now I am using my spare 12" StingRay).

I will probably be stupid and overstock it. No guppies/endlers though, I learned my lesson about geometric population growth. I am thinking some micro rasboras and maybe pygmy cories?
How are pygmy cories with ADA Amazonia granules substrate?

Any better stocking suggestions? Single betta? I'd rather have large number of very small fish.

I do weekly water changes in my tank on my desk so in the old one I had 3 male + 2 female + million fry guppies and a single sad Oto (moved to big tank at home where he has 6 more friends). Guppies became dinner for coworker's Oscar ;-) and I am ready to start from scratch.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I saw lot of small fish that could do ok in tank like this (my is only a tad larger 6 gallons) and I plan to keed small school of 4 fish.. Still unsure of spieces. Some people reported good experience on small schoold of neons...have to Research a bit more. To me personaly, single betta is last choice. and I guess more peacefull fishies leave space for some shrimps in tank...

If I temeber I had last time 4 of danios before I dismantled last setup..fish were fine with simple tapwater wich was treated with sera (one for water treating). Since light was mess last tiem i had tank..that was my main issue, bvut fish were finn in 6 gallon tank. i kept 4 just to be on safe side and they enjoyed. ALso in here temp over summer time can go up over 30.

I still plan to choose between danios or rasboras..Harlequin are totaly cute :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yogurt method

So I painted some chopped java moss using yogurt method on wood and stone and glued some Anubias Nana Petite on the wood using superglue. Sprayed it all with water with some 1" of standing water on the bottom and squirted some CO2 from the tank and covered it with clingwrap.
Hopefully it will start growing.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.