The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one to try it out. The reflector doesn't seem as good as the one on my Odyssea. But I've been having trouble/w this 10g tank for some time
and the manufacturer of my favorite bulb discontinued it in 18"
That leaves only like two bulbs available for 20" fixtures now in T5.
So I called myself up-grading to a 24" fixture. Yea it does overhang.
But now there are about 20 different bulbs that I can choose from and it's got 22" bulbs, not 24" so the overhang is little.
The best part is...are you ready...$20 each for a T5 fixture.
Part number is 322044409073.
Came/w what they called a "plant bulb" @ 6500K because it's from
the horticulture section.
Will let you all know how it seems to be working after about 90 days.

Reactions: thedood

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just let it set on the reflector. Right on top of my bracket that I made of wood.
I had an Odyssea two bulb T5 fixture on this 10g tank. Obviously two bulbs is overkill to an extreme. 100 Par according to Hoppy's chart.
But the fixture would not fit correctly. Actually those wire legs won't go in far enough.
Made the fixture slip off of one end so it was not level. So I just made a wood bracket
to hold it. Still works for this light also though not really needed. I could set it directly on top of the rim, but this way cuts a fraction of the PAR so I'll try it with the wood
bracket for a while.
No bulky box in the cord like the Odyssea so I guess this means it has an electronic
ballast. We'll see how long that last.
The new fixture has no guard(splash) but the tank has a glass cover.

Reactions: thedood
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.