The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ballast just went out on my 55 gallon tank. It is a coralife 2X65W cf fixture which has not been quite enough light. I can replace the ballast which I did once already about 1 year ago for about $50 or so. I hope to be running CO2 soon but don't want to get crazy with light. I want good green plants with good growth and a healthy aquarium for the fish. LOL (doesn't everyone?) Should I take the plunge now and get T5 no or should I just replace the ballast? And what inexpensive T5 fixture do you recommend for an open top 55 gallon?

See the tank here which has the coralife fixture and an added light on the left to help the red plants.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/g...iscussion/144565-i-think-i-need-some-co2.html

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I would just leave the same light you have. The growth you are getting looks great. The main goal of going pressurized would really be to avoid the hassle of changing out yeast bottles and maintain the same kind of look. You may speed growth up a little faster but I would keep as much the same as possible. Trust me, coming from a guy who has pressurized and is still struggling to grow plants, I would give tons just to get to where you are.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would just leave the same light you have. The growth you are getting looks great. The main goal of going pressurized would really be to avoid the hassle of changing out yeast bottles and maintain the same kind of look. You may speed growth up a little faster but I would keep as much the same as possible. Trust me, coming from a guy who has pressurized and is still struggling to grow plants, I would give tons just to get to where you are.
I think that's a beautiful tank, just the way it is. : )
Thanks guys!

I think I may have to get down and dirty with one of my tanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.