The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this is normal, right? Kinda like crypts.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Ya, vals hate any change. Even being replanted in the same tank can cause them to set back but they usually always bounce back stronger and better.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Jungle Vals take patience I think, at first they melt.

I've left mine alone and they did start to melt but now that I've just been patient with them, they're growing really big and sending runners out all over the place.

Might be off topic but do jungle vals prefer current? The jungle vals near my spray bar look awesome, the vals on the other side, look like they're dying.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
These val's were 1 4" tall val about 8 months ago, and now they are everywhere, runners all over the whole tank and have to be trimmed because they get 30-40" long and leaves everywhere. I only started with 1 tiny plant.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had them before, but been a while. I have had either good luck or bad luck. I am hoping for some really good luck this time lol.

I love it when the get 36+ inches, float at the top, blocking some light, flowing in the currents, making the light beams going in the tank breath taking. Better stop, almost sounded like I was writing a book called 50 shades of planted tanks lol

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
mine are in a 20gal tal, 3 CFL 13w bulbs over top in a DIY fixture, dose some micro ferts a few times a week and have platys in the tank for macro generation and that's it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts