The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Plants are non-existant in that area similarly to most of the rest of the country. Despite the fact that there are plant farms very close to Tampa, it doesn't seem to diffuse over. Saltwater and African cichlids dominate.

Marine Warehouse on Hillsborough Ave is the best store for both livestock and they have a limited plant selection also.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Can't say that Orlando is a whole lot better. But, if you're interested in making the one hour drive up to O-town (traffic willing), we could meet at a new shop that is near the highway (actually, it's a tool road, that'll run you about $1.25 each way), and I could bring you some goodies. If interested, PM me and I'll let you know what I have in stock at the time.

Welcome to FL!
Brian.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
That new one by you :), over near Home Depot in Waterford. What's it called...Ocean Aquaria? (that doesn't seem right...)

Vinh does have one reasonable planted tank and a so-so plant sales tank...though certainly nothing exotic. I mainly suggested it because of its proximity to the highway/toll road.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
haha. i know this is a little off topic mike, but my suppliers are -386568 on otots right now. they wont have them in for a while and i'm dying! just thought i'd humor you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, there are not too many stores here in Tampa for plants. If you do go to Marine Warehouse, there is also a little shop close by that does have a small aquarium for plants. You can call and ask them before you head over.

Animal House

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Aquaria Studio.. I see. Honestly he has the about the same selection as Marine Warehouse does so it may be a wasted drive for Styxx. ;)
What? You don't think him getting plants from me would be worth his time :hihi: ? I wasn't recommending the store as a place to get plants. I was recommending it as a common place where I could give him some stuff ;).

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Oh I see... ;) That may work then.

Styxx, You could always go to Everglades Aquatics (Aquaticplantdepot.com) and snag a very reasonable selection of plants are very reasonable prices. I used to go there quite frequently. It's a farm that deals in water lillies but they have lots of aquarium plants also. The owner is an alright guy and he used to let me walk around and pick out whatever plants I wanted. Watch your footing ;) It's in Eastern Tampa.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dane...you can be sure that I'm rolling on the FLOOR about you and that situation you've got...I just read your recent post on the other thread...I bet you won't miss that dosing anymore!

Everyone else....Thanks for the info! I'm going to try and get over there and check out these places...when I get more time I'll PM you all and really get directions (I've only been here @ USF for about 2 weeks and all I know is Fowler, Hillsborough, Bruce B. Downs, etc. the main roads!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts