The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:fish1:
This is my first time posting here but I'm not unfamiliar to forums nor fish. I keep African cichlids, Tanganyikans in fact.
Is there anyone else that lives down here in the Ark. valley that posts here too? Since moving up here from south Texas 2 yrs ago, where there were tons of keepers to here, where there are basicly none has been difficult to say the least.
:fish1:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I know one member that is closer to you than those of us in Denver metro area. I'm sure she will post here soon. As you can read in other posts, there is a monthly meeting of the Colorado Aquarium Society in Denver the first Friday of every month. There are cichlid people at these meetings. Mabey you can make the trip for one soon.

Duane

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
We are in Denver Metro as well, but just wanted to say 'Welcome!'

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome and I have no idea where you are located lol ( I have only lived in CO for a year now and haven't been around the state that much so that's no surprise I don't know where you are located ) but its good to see more members showing up in the CO forum. Do you happen to have any shell dwellers ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the hardy welcome! It's nice to find a place to post close to home.
I do have shell dwellers, Lamprologus stappersii to be exact and I'm looking to get rid of a few, interested?
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1760
I have no idea where Golden is but I assume it's up north. If so I'm WAYYYYY down south compared to you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah I was trying to get some stappersii a couple years back when I had my N.multifasciatus I would like to set up another shelly tank soon I might have to get a hold you about that. Golden is just west of down town Denver I am about oh 15 minutes from Investco Field. Do you ship ?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hey ArkValleyCichlidLover - Nice to have another "far off member"! I'm the one they mentioned that lives in the Arkansas Valley area (Buena Vista to be specific) - where are you? I'm not familiar with your town. They are right about the club meetings - I drive 2.5 hours one way and feel that it's worth my time. The folks are very friendly and knowledgeable, and the mini auctions each meeting are really fun. The auctioneers are a riot, so it's not only fun and you can score some great deals, but they make it funny as well. Then there is the BIG auction on April 28th where there will be hundreds of items for bid. That will be an all day event, and even for us that are not local, well worth the drive. Personally, I can't wait for the spring auction!!! :drool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds great Jubs, just email/pm me anytime you're ready for some shellies!
Howdy Saganco, I'm WAY down south, do you know where La Junta or Rocky Ford is? well I'm just west of them on 50. Between the cows & corn! LOL
If it was just 2.5 hrs of drive time I'd hit a meeting but it's easily 4 hrs for me ONE WAY... with $2.55 a gallon I dont see that happening anytime soon : (

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm WAY down south, do you know where La Junta or Rocky Ford is? well I'm just west of them on 50. Between the cows & corn! LOL
If it was just 2.5 hrs of drive time I'd hit a meeting but it's easily 4 hrs for me ONE WAY... with $2.55 a gallon I dont see that happening anytime soon : (
I sure agree with you about THAT drive! I'd bet that La Junta or Rocky Ford would have a fish/aquarist club for you to join. I hope so anyway!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.