The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone i'm new here with a new 6g tank. Been reading around so i'm ready to start posting!

here is my cycled tank after 3 weeks. I have 2 dwarf gouramis, 2 loaches and 4 shrimpies. don't think i can add anymore. It is pretty low light, 8 watts. Some of my stem plants have disintegrated but the strong ones that are left over i have planted deeper into gravel. Also have some anubias, echinodorus and java moss. in the tank now.

I also have a 2 little problem:

Essentially, I have no idea what these white fluffs (they do get bigger) are? They are white fluffs/spots no bigger than 1mm. They do get bigger and attach to just about anything if i look hard enough to find them. Are the nymphs of some sort??

As well, I just had a mini heatwave, the temperature of the tank went to about 32/33C (>88-90F) for a few hours. I just came home and put some ice cubes in and opened the lid. The fish don't seem to notice one bit but i'm unsure if i've stressed them out or not.

Thanks for all your help and cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Yes, you are correct: your tank is at it's max for stock levels. Those gouramis too, will probs want to be moved to at least a 10gl. I can't even remember how many times I've posted this on this forum, but 6gls is the empty volume of the tank. Add hardscape and its reduced.
I get the little white tufts now and again, and yeah, they aren't anything really to stress about. Keep a check on all your water params too, cause the smaller the tank, the bigger the fluctuations can be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts