The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, if the name didn't give it away I'm wells, and from the UK! I got into the hobby about 10 months ago now, after watching many an aquascaper video on youtube.

Started off with 1 tank, now have 3 and a quarantine tub, in the process of starting up a main display tank in our front room at the moment so hoping to learn from others, and hopefully add to the community as well.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Yea I watch them, I think Green Aqua are probably the one I find most interesting/informative though.
Green Aqua is great but comes at things from a very commercial perspective (builds aquascapes by dumping in 5 bags of aquasoil etc). Jurijs Jutjajevs is another good resource (mostly nano tanks). I also watch Aquarium Co-op (mostly fish related things and some diy stuff), Aquapros (lower level aquascaping and chemistry related things) and Serpa Design (mostly diy with some really off the wall stuff). I like watching how different types of aquascapers approach a build. Someone like Green Aqua uses all commercially available stuff with zero diy. Someone like aquapros will re-use plants from other builds and make really weird structures from materials. Someone like serpa design will use all diy materials including making the tank itself many times, etc. This forum is really good for figuring out best practices for keeping plants healthy which frankly most of the youtubers either gloss over or are only relevant if you happen to have the same equipment, ferts, and water parameters. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Green Aqua is great but comes at things from a very commercial perspective (builds aquascapes by dumping in 5 bags of aquasoil etc). Jurijs Jutjajevs is another good resource (mostly nano tanks). I also watch Aquarium Co-op (mostly fish related things and some diy stuff), Aquapros (lower level aquascaping and chemistry related things) and Serpa Design (mostly diy with some really off the wall stuff). I like watching how different types of aquascapers approach a build. Someone like Green Aqua uses all commercially available stuff with zero diy. Someone like aquapros will re-use plants from other builds and make really weird structures from materials. Someone like serpa design will use all diy materials including making the tank itself many times, etc. This forum is really good for figuring out best practices for keeping plants healthy which frankly most of the youtubers either gloss over or are only relevant if you happen to have the same equipment, ferts, and water parameters. Just my 2 cents.
Yea I see where you're coming from there, never really thought of it like that but they definitely do go on the more expensive side of tanks.Not seen a couple of those so will check them out thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.