The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , this is my ever changing 125. I just removed a carpet of chainsword a couple months ago and changed it to Ludwigia Repens. The right side will be filled in with a nice bush of ludwigia once it gets a good grow on . All the plant material and wood is new except the amazon sword .

[\[\ark

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Very nice. If your going to post pictures, a little more description of your system would be nice. Lighting, co2 injection, substrate, fertilizer regimen are the usual bits of info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, ok it's a 125 AGA TANK. 422 watt lighting consists of 120 watts T-8 that came with the hood, 110 AH SUPPLY retro fit power compact 6700k. 192 watt coralife pc 6700k. Playsand (from Lowes) substrate. Dose EI method ferts. Pressurized c02 24/7 at the moment . The lighting is on 6 hrs a day Mon -Fri. 9 and a half hrs on Sat, and 15 hrs on Sun.
I just recently replaced all the plant material except the amazon sword. I had it carpeted with chain sword up until about a month or 2 ago. It got way out of hand so I am trying Ludwigia Repens as a full carpet . This way the only way it can get out of hand is if I don't trim it. I am going to fill in the right side with the Ludwigia as a bush. There were some broadleaf sag there that I just yanked a couple weeks ago .

·
Registered
199 Posts
Its a nice clean look and you have a nice system. When the plants grow out on the right side, it will look even better.

Couple things, sand isn't the preferred substrate, what made you go that way? A darker background might set the tank off a little better. If its not that big a hassle, you could try some black material for the background. I have a dark blue foil and people are telling me to go with black. Its whatever you like though, the tank still looks great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I have a 30 gal with black sand and black background which is cool but I always used white sand for the look on all my other tanks. The blue background accents better for me , my condo is mostly black and white so this adds some needed color to the place.

·
Registered
167 Posts
nice...but your java fern looks kinda brown....is it high light? and do you have co2?

·
Registered
199 Posts
adriann, you need to read his second post.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the ferns are getting acclimated to the lighting , alot of new growth. I just attached a few ferns onto the wood a couple months ago and it's filling in rather nicely, I'm happy with it so far.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.