The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm an artist living in South Carolina and I came across this forum about a month ago. I used to keep fish back when I was a teen in the late sixty's and decided to take it up again. It started this time with a goldfish which my wife took to school to sit on her desk. The goldfish lasted a week and I bought her a beta to replace it and a bigger bowl. Then another beta for me. Then bigger bowls. Then a 30 gallon tank off Craig's List. Then talk of another tank. You can see where this is going. She started laughing at my accelerating addiction calling the goldfish my gateway drug and I had relapsed after all these years. She might be right. :)

Anyway, I am trying to get the 30 gallon tank run through a fishless cycle. Things sure have changed a lot since I kept fish the first time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyway, I am trying to get the 30 gallon tank run through a fishless cycle. Things sure have changed a lot since I kept fish the first time.

Hi there I am fairly new here as well and much the same as you I have been out of the hobby for about 20 years...... Until a few months ago the family (wife and child) wanted a tank...... I told the wife if you get me started on this habit you are in for it LOL :icon_eek: So here we are I have a 55 gal planted fresh water tank and it is going well so far.... I to did the fishless cycle that seems to work so much better then in the old days when you just tossed a couple fish in there and let it cycle.. I am having fun with it so far hope you do too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I guess I need to figure out how to get a picture up here. I was looking through some of the other threads and I am soooo intimidated. Man, there are some beautiful set ups on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.