The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy i am brand spanking new to the planted tank forum and game. I played with a reef tanks but i have not play with a planted tank yet. I just got a fluval spec v for xmas and was think about setting it up as a planted shrimp tank. i was thinking about just putting a few type of plants in it. And i just wondering if the stock led have the power to grow the plant life i wanted. I plan to put in dwarf hairgrass, java fern and java moss. if you guys can leave me some in put that would be great.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Java fern & java moss should grow fine. Dhg on the other hand may have a problem as the original lighting is dim

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just put java moss, java fern, and water sprite into my spec. All of those should be fine but only time will tell.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ditched the standard light since it wasn't producing enough for my liking. I got a Marineland double bright fixture. it works very well. Decide what plants you want to use and go from there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guy making it a shrimp tank and was thinking about what co2 system should i use in the spec v. You guy's have any good suggestions I can buy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here a few photos i have of my tank.

used one of my betta to cycle the tank.

added my removed and added my cherry shrimp

and here my 15 gal nano mix-reef tank if you wanted to see it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Both of your tanks will look even more amazing as they fill in!

·
Registered
651 Posts
It does look great, but I admit my second thought was "wow, and I thought MY tank was overloaded"

It looks like it's been going for almost a year, though, so I'm sure you'd have noticed if there were any problems.

Looking at all these tanks makes me realize that I should approach a tank with some plan and design, and then make course corrections as I go along. I know enough to get an unambitious tank up and running, but I know zip about aquascaping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts