The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I ordered a new GLA CO2 regulator and diffuser to go with it and finally got a chance to open it up. I went out today and filled my 5lb Co2 up so I dont have to worry about getting it filled any time soon :).

Heres the problem though. The regulator has bubbles in the bubble counter but the diffuser is not putting anything out. I double checked the low pressure gage and have it set to 45ish PSI so thats plenty more than the 30 needed to run the GLA diffuser. This is how my setup goes:

Co2 Can > Co2 Hose > Stainless Steel Check Valve > Co2 Hose > Diffuser

I tried taking the check valve off and running the diffuser but still got nothing.

Any clues?

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
I assume the bubble counter is mounted to the regulator?

So you actually have:

CO2 cylinder -> Regulator -> Solenoid -> Needle valve -> Bubble counter -> Hose to check valve - > check valve - > more airline hose -> diffuser

Try running some airline tubing from the bubble counter directly into the aquarium. If you are seeing CO2 flowing into your aquarium, then you can narrow down the problem.

Also, I would contact Orlando over at GLA; he is more than helpful when it comes to dealing with troubleshooting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.