The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

For those of you who have been waiting for Seachem to make a dark flourite, you won't have to wait much longer!

In this months issue (well...it says July 2007, but I just got it in the mail yesterday) of Aquarium Fish International, there is an ad on page 45 for 3 new types of Flourite: Dark, Black, and Black Sand. Just thought I'd share for those that don't have the mag :) I was pretty stoked to see the ad, and I hadn't heard anything recently about it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
How do you go about switching substrates? :bounce:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
That would be sweet! I'm so glad, I just re-started with 11 bags of good old plain flourite about 2.5 months ago. :icon_cry:

Got tired of waiting to see if it would ever actually materialize... I even wrote to Seachem and they replied it might be a while.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I asked the Seachem rep when it would be out and he said 4-6 months or sooner. They really shouldn't advertise if it's not available for awhile.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I changed from plain gravel to Flourite about 6 or 7 months ago.
How big is your tank. If I were to do it all over again, I would work in sections. Make a divider and work on one end at a time. Give it a chance to get bacteria to develop. But sometimes it is just plain easier to pull everything and start fresh. Do a lot of water changes until it settles down a bit.
I only put in enough water to cover the new substrate a few inches and then wait a while and siphon off the cloudy water. No need to completely fill the tank full at first. Do this a few times being careful not to disturb the substrate while filling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts