The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set-up a new fishroom this weekend. Here is a pic of the rack I built.

It is 2 feet from the wall, all electric is on a breaker of it's own.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Looks like a severe case of MTS pulled together into one spot. Good thinkin' on the electric work!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Those little nanos would look great on desks and other convenient areas...what about putting larger rectangular tanks in their stead?

Narhay

·
Registered
517 Posts
is every "tank" lit? i might just be blind but i don't see any lighting sources for some of them. but using the plastic tubs and organizers for this purpose seems like a good cost cutting approach. how are they filtered, if at all?

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is every "tank" lit? i might just be blind but i don't see any lighting sources for some of them. but using the plastic tubs and organizers for this purpose seems like a good cost cutting approach. how are they filtered, if at all?
I had to turn off the air pump to get the shot I did. All tanks/tubs/containers have a airstone for water movement. A few have filters/sponges. Not all are lit as I need more lights. I still have 2 more tanks to move over to this location. My 20 gallon shrimp farm and a ten full of endlers. Not in the pic is a 75 and a 10 I set-up as a micro farm. So I guess I have MTS real bad:hihi:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
For lighitng hte most efficient way with this setup is probably to have all open-top tanks with shoplight fixtures (2 or 3 thick) overhead, running hte whole length of the shelf.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Looking good. Are those breeding tanks, fry tanks, or neither? I only have two tanks and don't really have room or $$ for more ;)
Maybe someday when we get a bigger house. My dream is to get a very large planted tank ~400-500g.

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All those are breeding tanks/set-ups 2 are fry tanks(red rocks on top left). 1 is a plant holding station of cuttings and extras (clear tote).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts