Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was pretty surprised to see some new additions:

Double-red Agassizi $13 !
Albino & 'regular' BNs $6
Neon Dwarf Rainbows $10
'true' Endlers $3

Not bad. BTW, 90% of the fish will be 50% off or more this Friday.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Was pretty surprised to see some new additions:

Double-red Agassizi $13 !
Albino & 'regular' BNs $6
Neon Dwarf Rainbows $10
'true' Endlers $3

Not bad. BTW, 90% of the fish will be 50% off or more this Friday.

They have a rotation of fish selective fish, their special buy fish, so many new fish every so many months. Ours is coming to an end on their current ones and should be getting new ones in soon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
From what I've seen and read online, the endlers are actually endler/guppy hybrid. Of course you'll get those who say that endlers are just wild type guppies but others maintain there is a difference and they shouldn't be bred together. I say if you like the way they look and don't need a pedigree, go for what you like.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ours has had endlers for a while, and they went on sale once fore $0.69 a piece once and I snatched them up. They have the agassizi but they only have females and the males have terrible colors. Never seen the BN here. Glad to see that they are getting a different branch of fish for those that just dont throw a jumble of fish into a 5 gallon tank.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've been impressed by out local petsmart fish department. Mostly healthy specimins and I did almost get some dwarf rainbows, but got turquoise instead this past weekend. I also picked up some nice looking guppies as well.

I plan to stop Friday and see if they have any cory cats on sale too.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Our petsmart has terrible outbreaks of disease with their fish. I refuse to buy fish from them again.
In my area the Petsmarts are really good and I always complement them on that but the other big Pet chain store is the total opposite. It mostly just depends on what kind of employees they have.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
They just recently added rams to the selection at my petsmart, ive got to get my dog groomed today so i think ill take a peek while i do that, id love to pick up some true endlers

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got 4 Bolivian and 3 German rams at PetSmart ~3 months ago: they were pretty tiny with very little color. You have to see them now - gorgeous :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
It seems like petsmart is actually trying to appease the Aquarium crowd now, the tanks used to be disease ridden and full of dead fish, now they have broadened their variety of fish and plants and the tanks seem to be carrying less and less diseased and dead fish, Petsmart is making out to be a really good store now, also their betta fish, some are outstanding to say the least

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have to agree, I use to think twice about purchasing fish from them but so far all this fish I have bought have turned out to be great. I hope their selection continues to grow. As of right now I go to petsmart more than any LFS. Nice to know they are making a better effort.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have to agree, I use to think twice about purchasing fish from them but so far all this fish I have bought have turned out to be great. I hope their selection continues to grow. As of right now I go to petsmart more than any LFS. Nice to know they are making a better effort.
I must agree, every fish i have gotten from them has turned out to be healthy and has been a huge sucess in my tank

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seems they only sell males. Find a local breeder and get some females.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.