The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I just wanted to share my new CRS tank. Its my old 90cmx45x45 ADA 157 liters. I changed it around a bit, and took out the brightsand. I have 150 CRS in this tank. I have mostly SS Hinomaru in this tank and near, and a few low grades which will be coming out soon. Im going to add some more hinos in a few days from my other 2 tanks.

Filter EHEIM 2224, and Tetra air filter with sponge.
Co2 system ADA glass beetle diffuser, and Inknown lily pipes 5LB bottle compressed Co2.
Lighting Nisso inverter light with 3 ADA bulbs 32wattsX3
Substrate ADA Aqua soil 3 9liter bags, and one half bag of Master soil.
PH 6.5
Water Temp 23C
Ferts ADA Green Gain once week after water change 14 drops for 157 liters
Shrimp Food Shirakura pellets, Boiled Spinach, and Frozen Bloodworm
Water Change 30% weekly with Contra Chlorine out.
Water cooler Coming soon GEX GXC-200 it can cool water down to 18c-30c
up too 160 liters. It cools 8-27 liters per minute.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Tank looks good Gabe! I really liked your old scape but I know its not exactly the best tank setup for CRS:hihi: . There are lots of CRS in there!

Why do you always have a canister and a sponge filter? Any specific reason?

-Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sponge filter provide lots of food and bacteria for the Shrimp, plus the air pump is good for shrimp. Almost 80% of the breeders in Japan use them, and some of the main breeders in the U.S.. I love my old tank, but this better is for the CRS. In a tank this size you can have 1000+

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Sponge filter provide lots of food and bacteria for the Shrimp, plus the air pump is good for shrimp. Almost 80% of the breeders in Japan use them, and some of the main breeders in the U.S. I love my old tank, but this better for the CRS. In a tank this size you can have 1000+
I understand Sounds like a great Idea... not too sure if I can fit one in my 10g though...

-Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that one is a big one, but they do come in a smaller size that would fit your tank if you ever wanted one PM me. I think they might sell them in the US. They sell for $10 or something like that cheap and all you need is an air pump.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Yeah that one is a big one, but they do come in a smaller size that would fit your tank if you ever wanted one PM me. I think they might sell them in the US. They sell for $10 or something like that cheap and all you need is an air pump.
Yeah that is true! They have them available in the USA. I'm not sure on the air pumps though.. Would have to be really quiet! (sine it's in my room...)

-Andrew

·
Registered
889 Posts
B-E-A-UTIFUL tank Gabe and nice CRS :D It looks so awesome, congrats.

Yeah that is true! They have them available in the USA. I'm not sure on the air pumps though.. Would have to be really quiet! (sine it's in my room...)

-Andrew
Yeah I have an Azoo Bio-Sponge Filter that is recommended for 15 gallon tanks in my 5.5 gallon! So you should be able to get one that fits your 10 gallon ;) And my Elite 500 filter is a lot quieter than I thought it would be (very cheap!) so yeah it doesn't bother me at all and it is in my room as well. The sponge filters look a lot smaller in pictures lol (I was surprised when I got mine).:hihi:

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have the same sponge filters in all my tanks. You can pick one up at Dr. foster and smith for $5.99 and they gave me two sponges in one box. I got the #5 sponge filter. I also used the extra filter they gave me to cover the intake of my canister filter so I don't have to worry about the babies getting sucked into the filter.

Great looking tank Gabe :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have the same sponge filters in all my tanks. You can pick one up at Dr. foster and smith for $5.99 and they gave me two sponges in one box. I got the #5 sponge filter. I also used the extra filter they gave me to cover the intake of my canister filter so I don't have to worry about the babies getting sucked into the filter.

Great looking tank Gabe :)
Yeah I got mine off of Dr.Foster and Smith too for $2.99. I got the #3 sponge filter, it only brought 1 sponge though (well actually 2 small seperate ones that together make one). I bought the Elite 500 air pump off of there too.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BUCKEYEMOLDED Yes, the air coming up out of the filter can cause co2 to be lost. NeonShrimp I bought the water cooler for $235US online from an auction. Shipping this to the US would cost $$$$. Im not sure if they have these in the US.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Thanks Gabe, I will look around and hopefully find something. I will also try to see if anyone is interested in a group buy from you when you have more Hino's and the weather is right.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts