The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I don't post much on here, I mostly creep... Hehe! But anyways I just wanted to post some pics of my tiny new CRS babies in my dorm! I have some at home too, but these are the first in my dorm. I keep CRS and Rili shrimp in a 4g Finnex... It's small, but they reproduce so they must be ok. I need to get test kits and a Tds meter because I'm sorta winging it right now. Wondered if my shrimp look ok, and if their coloration is off... Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that sucks... It may be they are still acclimating.. Mine didn't breed for a while, but they did eventually.. Only bad thing is I think I only have 1 female (mature female anyways). Her color is amazing, but the males don't seem to be so nice...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My temp in my dorm is 72 and the thermometer says so in my tank too... I don't have a TDS meter, so I'm thinking I'm either low or high on it.... Hard to figure out how much Mineral Plus I should exactly add w/ each water change... I also use Borneo Shield... Try to manage my NO3 with that... I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.. Need to buy a TDS meter, but I'm trying to hold out to ask for one for Xmas or something haha

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm, could be anything... I guess I must be doing something right, if they bred... The true test is if I can keep the babies alive... If I can, then surely I'm fine!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All my males are faded/see-through like that. The females in the same tank however are very solid. No idea why.
Ah this makes me feel much better. Was wondering what my problem is... Glad I'm not the only one. I have read that males have a tendency to be colored less intensely. Who knows... No shrimp deaths in a long time so they seem happy!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kind of a dumb question, but someone may know the answer... Anyone know why one of my shrimp won't extend his tail fully and always walks around with it bent? Kind of bothering me. Haha.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Kind of a dumb question, but someone may know the answer... Anyone know why one of my shrimp won't extend his tail fully and always walks around with it bent? Kind of bothering me. Haha.
Could be that he had a bad molt.

Also, tds pens are like 20 bucks on eBay and are really worth it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been looking into getting one off of amazon, but I just can't bring myself to do it.. I keep telling myself I shouldn't be spending while I'm in college, but I just may have to break down and buy one. Haha. I wondered if either he was trying to molt and had problems or if he just had a bad molt.. hmmm, well thanks for the input!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.