The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just exchanged my 20lb tank at Airgas for the first time. The tank feels really heavy, but on my aquatek regulator, it says its only at 750PSI or a little over 50 kg/cm2(if thats correct). This is only about 1/5 full of the gauge. Is this correct for a full 20lb tank? or did I not get a completely full tank?

Just incase I need to go back to airgas and get my moneys worth.

also i paid 32 with tax for the exchange, is this a fair price?

·
Super Moderator
12,126 Posts
The pressure is about right; if you try to attach a regulator immediately after the CO2 cylinder has been filled, it will still be cold, and the pressure will be slightly lower than expected. This is a reason why you should not try to set your CO2 flow rate when the CO2 cylinder has just been filled.

32 USD is a bit on the expensive side to me; I pay 20 (Canadian) for a 10 pound fill and a 20 pound is only a few dollars more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
$32 for #20 is expensive.

In Los Angeles thats only around $18-$20 plus tax.
I agree. I am lucky enough to manage a restaurant, I paid 40 bucks for a 20# tank deposit(16.00 for the CO2), just got another tank(+40), 16.00 to have them refilled and delivered to my shop. A cab home w/ tank is 10.00 - I don't drive in metro Denver, period:hihi:

If y'all know anyone who runs/manages/works at a place that sells Pepsi or coke product, they will deliver CO2. The bottles are old & scratched, painted, messed up cosmetically, but functionally sound.

A new 20# tank is around 80-100 - do the math...No hassles with 2 tanks.

I have an empty stored in a closet, when my reg. starts dropping below 750PSI, I order an extra...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.