The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently hooked up a new CO2 system and I need a little help. I am running a semi automatic system purchased through Dr. Fosters and Smith. An Azoo regulator with a solenoid hooked up to a timer.. 5 lb bottle 30 psi in the line. Ceramic diffuser with a check valve approx 4" prior to the diffuser. Heres my problem. I can have the system dialed in to where I want it and it runs all day with no problem. The next morning however I hear the solenoid click on and I get nothing from the system. I have to increaee the pressure through the needle valve and than back off it to my desired rate. Tomorrow its back to work and im not sure whats going to happen. It basically seems that when set to my desired rate there is not enough pressure to clear the little bit of water in the line after the check valve. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
751 Posts
How long do you wait after solenoid clicks on? Pressure has to build up, if you don't wait enough time, I would say give it 10-15 minutes prior to adjusting it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been waiting about 10 minutes. Thay may not be enough. I trimmed off excess air line hopefully that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts