The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 300L aquarium using a 2327 Eheim wet/dry filter. I have 4 angelfish, 1 leopard pleco and 10 sailfin moliles. I have an anubia barteri v. Nana and a few plastic plants. I have ordered a few live plants (java fern, amazon sword, cryptocoryne wendtii, echinodorus barthii, java moss, valisneria corkscrew).

The anubia is not doing very well. It has two leaves that have a small hole and seemed to start turning yellow. I am using 5ml of sera florena per week since I have only one live plant. I may need to increase the dose since it is way too low according to the bottle.

I am using a "sera aqua-test set" to test the water:

GH: 11
KH: 6
PH: about 8
Nitrite: shows to be 0

I am thinking of purchasing a CO2 system to provide CO2 for the plants. I have not found anything in my country. Those that sell fish in Cyprus know very few things about plants.

Is this system any good?

SMS122+ Milwauke Co2 Regulator + AQUAMEDIC REACTOR 1000

The thing that I fear if there is a difference between the CO2 cylinders used in here and in US (Cyprus is in Europe) and if I will not be able to use the system.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
You are correct. The cylinder fittings are different. You first need to increase your knowledge about fertilizers. None of the plants you listed really need CO2. Also the problem may be your light. How much light do you have?

If you really want a CO2 system you can build your own. CO2 is commonly used in many areas other than aquariums so the equipment is fairly inexpensive if you know where to look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 1.5WPG 1700K. I am planning to change the lights (preferably to get about 3wpg and higher Kelvin) but I am waiting for the plants to arrive first. I don't know if this also affected the plant but I had made a 100% water change just before I put the plant in the tank. It has been only two weeks since then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts