The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to pressurized CO2 - my bottle is filled and the regulator should be delivered tommorrow.

I'll need some advise in setting it up. Here are a few questions for starters:

1. Should I use teflon tape when I connect the regulator to the bottle?

2. Once the regulator is connected do I open the valve on the bottle all the way?

3.There are two gauges on the regulator one is for bottle pressure and I'm guessing the other is for the pressure going into the aquarium. How is that adjusted?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions if you guys don't mind.

Please chime in if you have any suggestions for this newbie.

TIA

Ed

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Saltura and thanks Rex,

Is it really that simple? Wow.

I wonder now about the washer between the regulator and bottle... are they standardized? Rex's website says one is needed for every bottle change. So I guess I'd better stock up.

Where is a good place to buy "real" CO2 tubing?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I get my tanks filled the place gives me new washers.
Now though I have perma seals, and love them.
I wonder if a washer will be included with my regualtor I got mine at Drs Fosters & Smith because I didn't get one with my bottle or initial fill up.

Didn't see CO2 tubing on Rex's site so I guess I'll contact him. I will be using the silicon tubing that comes with my regulator for the time being but I will definitely change it out ASAP.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I never had an Azoo, Milwaukee has special instructions. Just double check with the manufacturers instructions.

FWIW, mine did come with a Nylon washer. I'm sure if you go back to the CO2 shop, just say that they didn't give you one, they will hand you a fiber washer, or you might be able to buy some nylons one.

Send Rex a note about the tubing, sometimes he has in stock, sometimes not.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I laugh at those special instructions.

CO2 tubing is between the manifolds and regulators.

Just added a picture to make it easier to find.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EdTheEdge...did you get it filled at Tym's? They should've included fiber washers for you.
Yes at Tym's.... But no washers and didn't know I should have gotten one. Oh well I guess I'll go ask for some if my regulator doesn't come with one.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought an Azoo from Aquatic-Eco Systems when they were on sale. It came with two plastic washers tied to the regulator. I believe the regulator you bought from the Doctors is the same one, so you should be all set.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought an Azoo from Aquatic-Eco Systems when they were on sale. It came with two plastic washers tied to the regulator. I believe the regulator you bought from the Doctors is the same one, so you should be all set.
I hope so General sir. I just tracked my packages and they spilt up my order, several are due to be delivered today and one tomorrow/Monday.

I can't wait I've been getting the pressurized CO2 heebee jeebees ;)

Thanks everyone for all the replies! And please stay tuned as I'm sure I'll have a plethora of queries once I do get my shipment.

Ed

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I told you guys I'd have questions... :)

Got my order last Friday spent the weekend washing Flourite and hardscaping my new tank.

When it came time to setup my CO2 I was almost giddy with excitement. I was hoping for some good documentation with my AZOO regulator but there was hardly any. One item in the very lacking instruction was that the regulator was preset and that no adjustment was necessary.

Looking at my gauges I have about 800PSI on the CO2 tank side and about 40PSI on the selenoid side. I am bubbling approx one bubble a second. Do those readings seem right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts