The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have recently got a new filter the ehim 2080 thermo,now i am looking to change my co2 reactor from a red sea reactor to a inline reactor,like the atomic reactor, can somebody tell me a little about this kind, like well it reduce my flow rate alot, do thay work well?also gona get a sterilizer for my tank too,is running both of this a good idea should be fine right?lil feedback please...

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
They work well but ive found that cleaning very often is neccessary for best usage. The bubbles will get larger after about two weeks of use with high co2 injection rates. I have to dunk mine in hydrogen peroxide every two weeks to be as effective as it can be

Medium co2 rates and ull never notice a difference

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
So i have recently got a new filter the ehim 2080 thermo,now i am looking to change my co2 reactor from a red sea reactor to a inline reactor,like the atomic reactor, can somebody tell me a little about this kind, like well it reduce my flow rate alot, do thay work well?also gona get a sterilizer for my tank too,is running both of this a good idea should be fine right?lil feedback please...
Hi plantlover,

I have used the BOYU CD-01 diffuser for almost 3 years now, trouble free with minimal effect on my 350 GPH filter. It doesn't require cleaning very often but when it does it is very easy to clean while still connected in-line. The only hassle is it is difficult to find; I used to pick them up on Ebay but now the only source I have been able to find is Boyu Australia.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.