The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share some info on a new product from Cal Aqua Labs I just discovered. It's called the "Nano Infuser" and it combines an in-line CO2 diffuser together with a 13mm outflow lily pipe. Pair it up with a matching inflow pipe and this looks like a pretty good set.

Personally, I still prefer in-line diffusers that attach to the tubing rather than the side of the tank.

You can order it from CAL directly by emailing them or from Greenleafaquariums ($139). I prefer CAL because GLA always inflates their prices and their shipping rates are much higher for me.

What do you guys think of this product?

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
This product looks very very nice and clean. However, with any inline diffuser you really need two. Eventually the diffuser will clog and it takes an overnight soaking to clean it. This means the filter will be off if there is no spare.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Eventually the diffuser will clog and it takes an overnight soaking to clean it. This means the filter will be off if there is no spare.
I have found little benefit to soaking a ceramic diffuser for more than 15-30 min. That's all you need. Then put it in some fresh water, pour that out, do it again, then again but use some declorinator. 1-2 hours tops.

On the OP, I really like what Cal Aqua is doing. Everything I have seen from them in the last few years, and the last year or so especially, is very creative and innovative products. I would be very interested in this if I had a rimless nano with CO2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts