Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am planning on ordering a new bulb for my tank. I currently have a 65w CF fixture over a 37 gallon tank. It give off a nice amount of light, and plants are growing. I have currently a 50/50 bulb that came with the fixture. I didn't realize until recently that is considered a marine bulb. So I am going to switch over to a better color temp, but was unsure if I should go with a pure 6700k bulb or with a 6700k/10000k dual bulb. They cost the same, and I heard that 6700k was the standard way to go, but didn't know about the 10000k. What does everyone think?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
If you like the way the tank looks under your current bulb, then you've got no reason to change it. Especially since you say the plants are doing well.

If you don't like the looks, then I'm fond of the 6700/10000k combo bulbs, though they aren't the easiest to find.

Kelvin ratings are more about personal aesthetic than anything else.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mainly what i was trying to figure out was if there was a difference between the quality of light, or if plants liked one over the other or if there was any benefit from one or the other. I think that if there is no real difference quality-wise, I may go with the 6700k/10000k just to cover a broader spectrum of color.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts