The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted in here a few times (you may recall, specifically, that I was worried my RCS was having labor difficulties lol).

Well, I just have to brag. This was my first-ever shrimp tank, and breeding has been an ENORMOUS success.

Last time I posted, I had 5 berried shrimp. All 5 of those successfully hatched - not a SINGLE one dropped them. I now have three more berried girls, 3 with saddles, so many babies that I have yet to SEE them all. Also, every single morning I come in to find at least two new shed exoskeletons. (the baby ones are adorable, by the way).

So, we have upgraded my tank (a nice rimless cube, 7 gallons). The new tank's plants are coming along swimmingly and I expect that within a month or so, it will really resemble the primeval forest I'm envisioning. Pics attached!

First breeding attempt ever - SUCCESS!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Congrats again!

Just curious if you know your water parameters (pH, KH, GH, temperature)?
What substrate are you using? I assume it's a acidic buffering substrate. Just curious is all. Your shrimp have been doing well so it's no issue.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very nice setup. Enough aesthetically there to keep your interest, but not cluttered so you can see the shrimp. My poor tank is so overgrown with plants that I can't even begin to count the number of shrimp in it. What kind of lighting are you using?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.