The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
I like the left hand side a lot! I'm not the biggest fan of the floating island on the right. Personally, I would cut it off a few pixels to the right of the central island. Maybe put the TPT logo by itself on the right side?

·
Registered
143 Posts
+1 looks great

·
Banned
525 Posts
I like the left hand side a lot!
Yeah, lots of interesting stuff there hidden by the logo.

I would make the large white area at the 2/3rd boundary on the right hand side blue, and put the logo there.

This will open up the detail on the left hand side, and the logo will be covering an area where nothing else is happening.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I would like the logo 70% transparent - otherwise ++

Reactions: Administrator

·
Registered
339 Posts
I like it. I'm not much of a fan of the current banner tbh.

Bump: I like it. I'm not much of a fan of the current banner tbh.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I like the left hand side a lot! I'm not the biggest fan of the floating island on the right. Personally, I would cut it off a few pixels to the right of the central island. Maybe put the TPT logo by itself on the right side?

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
How is that island staying up?

Supported from the top? Floating and tethered on the bottom? This fishtank is from planet Avatar?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
@randym
Usually those islands are stuck on/attached to the rear wall via suction cups with a platform. But I have seen some smaller floating rocks and islands done by simply literally hanging them from above with clear string (fishing line).

By the way, I think the planet in Avatar was called Pandora (for some reason Pangia/Pangio also ring a bell to me) :)

·
Administrator
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, lots of interesting stuff there hidden by the logo.

I would make the large white area at the 2/3rd boundary on the right hand side blue, and put the logo there.

This will open up the detail on the left hand side, and the logo will be covering an area where nothing else is happening.
I would like the logo 70% transparent - otherwise ++
Thanks for the feedback guys...

Re-guarding the logo that is the standard template placement for the logo on the left hand side so we can't move it to the right.

The image is meant to scale for various screen and mobile devices sizes hence why is left justified.

We will go ahead and get the new banner up ASAP.

Thanks,
Jeff

1 - 20 of 28 Posts