The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi from Regina, Saskatchewan! Absolute beginner to owning an aquarium and decided to try plants and driftwood instead of plastic.

I got a small fluval vista 23 tank kit and now have two platy's (not sure if one is pregnant or just fat. Lol) and 5 Cardinal tetras. One of the platy's was super aggressive and stressed one tetra to death so I had six. Tank is around 3-4 weeks old.

One thing my LFS didn't mention was that the standard led lights in the tank is not good for plant growth. So confused as to what to look for to replace the standard strip.

Anyways, enough rambling and hopefully I can learn from you folks!

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Glad to see a fellow Canadian! Lights here can range from 160- 400$ depending on what you want to do

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Not entirely sure where I want this tank to go. Still researching plants to add but I know I need way more lighting. I've noticed led is pretty expensive. It has to fit where the existing lights go and perhaps something I can control over my home network via wifi or what have you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.