The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I'm new, and I love it here already! Just what I was looking for!
I know you guys have seen this post probably a million times, but i'd like to see if any of you can help me out. Here are the specs:

I have a 10 gallon, with 2 18 watt 6500k cfl bulbs running 5hrs/day, DIY C02, an aqua clear 20/mini, fluorite gravel substrate, and do a 30-40% waterchange weekly.
Plants: pygmy chain sword, hygrophilia, hemianthus cuba, cr. parva, cr. wendtii, banana plant, cr. wendtii 'green gecko', salvania minima, wavy sword plant, and a few unidentified ones...
Occupants: an otto, 6 neons, crystal red, and red cherry shrimp.

Anyways, I've had this issue before, and I dosed flourish excel, the algae disappeared, but my hemianthus almost completely died, while everything else was doing fine. I also bought a sae, but he soon took to flake food, and baby shrimps, so he soon went.

So, any tips? How much excel should I dose if any? I'm just noticing little bushes of it here and there with increasing frequency, I know soon it will be much worse.
Thanks so much~!
Ethan

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank you for your reply!
Hmm... I guess maybe i'll have to get some pressurized c02. Do you guys know of where to get a regulator for a good price?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts