The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a new 90cm we installed for a client in their private office. This shot is on day 3, so obviously it has some way to go and I have not even settled on what fish to use just yet. The client wanted simple, classic iwagumi style, and it was my pleasure to deliver as I am particularly fond of the style right now. I am really into simplicity these days, having had enough for awhile of endless stemmed plant trimming and waiting for things to grow back.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
You mean you don't like trimming? :tongue:

I like the rock.
Texture and shape/color.
Nice.

HC and hair grass is a nice mix?
Trimming HC is nice on a 90 cm tank also.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have any really quality close ups, but maybe I'll post one if you really want to see the rock close up. It is an really nice piece (the big one). It had exceptional character for this rock type, which we usually don't use for such a focal point (but rather for substrate barriers and general texture with driftwood). Though I do come across some nice pieces and set them aside for such projects as this one.

Tom, here it is glosso and hairgrass.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
At first I thought it was Downoi. Now that would be easy maintenance.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
It looks awesome. Is there a background on it, or is it just the water making it look like that?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I don't mean to sound like a downer, but to me something seems a little off with the colors of the rock in contrast with the plants.

That's probably just me though, all else aside, I think thats a wonderful set-up. =]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't mean to sound like a downer, but to me something seems a little off with the colors of the rock in contrast with the plants.

That's probably just me though, all else aside, I think thats a wonderful set-up. =]
These rocks really change as the tank matures. I am not crazy about the color when the tank is new either. But good character rock is hard to come by, so I work with what I can get. I know this rock well as I have worked with it so much.

Lighting schedule for this tank is PCs for 3 hours, then HQI and PC both for 5 hours, then back to just PC for last 10 hours for 10 hours total.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.