The Planted Tank Forum banner

New 75 gallon tank. Fx4 or Fx6???

2103 8
Ok so I posted a couple days ago about getting a fx4 for $199 for my new 75gallon. After purchasing I was sent a 25% off coupon from a buddy and told it would work so I tried it on a fx6 that was already on sale and got it for $186!!! SO HERE LYES THE QUESTIONs. Should I use the fx6 on the 75 and return the fx4? Keep the fx4 for the 75 and keep the fx6 for a larger tank in the future? Would a fx6 be to much flow for a planted 75? I know I could get the flow manageable on the fx4 but would it even be possible on the fx6? All input is extremely valuable and appreciated! Thanks
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Fx4 should be plenty, a Fx6 would be overkill IMO. Keep in mind the size of the fish and some fish are not strong swimmers. I remember when I converted my reef over to a planted aquarium, the output was around 9-10x and I stressed out a school of tetras. They spent literally all their time fighting the current (it was on a oscillating wave maker) before I changed it to a spray bar angled to the backwall.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.