The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tank: 60 gallon custom Visio cube w/ overflow box, black back, and diamond edge corners
Equipment: xp3, 300w titanium heater, 10lb co2 tank with regulator setup from GLA
Lighting: 33 3watt cree leds (16 cw, 8ww, 6rb, 3 cw for moons)
Flora: amazon swords, ozlot swords, rubin swords, red crypt wendtii, christmas moss, giant hairgrass, and rotala colorata
Fauna: Angelfish (Altums, Golds, Marbles, Zebra, Albino), cory cats, kribensis, preacox rainbows and im debating on adding the 3 baby royals i have

Just some tank shots

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Looking good but holy crap thats way too many angels for that size tank. There will definitely be aggression between the angels since the tank doesn't have enough room for each of them to establish their own territory.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might look nicer if you used a camera that takes better photos. No insult intended. My camera sucks too. Tank looks good though. Will look great once everything fills in.
lol none taken...it was with my ipod

33 crees? my gosh. dont blind your inhabitants haha.
LLOL yea i bought a kit from reef led lights...i could have went with less...it would have been cheaper but i wanted that extra power if i needed it

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
You only need maybe 20 X 3W cree at MOST on a 60Cube.
A controller dimmer is definitely a wise idea.

I'd sell the others and then DIY a hood and sell it here for a profit/return for the aquarium cost etc....then keep the Altums, and sell the other angels.

CO2, CO2 and CO2..........

This is going to be a tough tank to manage otherwise.

A XP3 is not enough filter for this tank and not enough flow.

I had one and this same sized tank(two 60 Gal cubes).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.