The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16g rimless cherry shrimp, 20g cube dwarf cichlid, 40g breeder nano community.
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Waterbox Clear Mini 6 setup. This was originally going to be a riparium, but I things didn't work out along those lines. So it was originally setup with the granite (tested with muriatic acid), manzanita and fluorite substrate. Last weekend I moved things around added more rock, a rose wood branch and capped the front with sand. I had a sponge filter on this while it was down in my living room, but I had to move it upstairs into the extra bedroom next to the 29g when I made the changes above. I put a Dymax Slim Flo HoB and the stems in back yesterday. The light is Fluval 3.0 Mini. No CO2 at this time. I have a special trio of guppies on order to be shipped next week. If this tank isn't fully cycled I'll keep them with the platties in the 29g until it is.

Plants:
Rotala Macrandra Mini
Ludwigia Natans Super Red
Alternanthera Reineckii
Bacopa Monnieri
Cryptocoryne Lucen
Pennywort
Rotala Indica
Anubias Nana (switching over to immersed)
Christmas Moss (on a bit of rock)

Top View

Front View

Looking at the images I think I want to cap the back with sand like I did with the front and I'm not super happy with how the wood looks. I may move it a bit. I'm open to suggestions. I have some Christmas Moss I'll glue to it too.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Minor changes... Moved the wood, added more rock & moss. I'll glue the moss to rocks and wood once I can get to the store to get more glue. LOL! I thought I'd be getting fish this week, but shipping days are Mondays and today is a holiday so it will be next week before the guppies arrive.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new guppies came yesterday! Here's a quick snap of the male Albino Blue Tail from my iPhone.

I'll be working to get better shots this week with my camera and off camera flash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.