The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening :)

I am at the wonderful planning stage of a new aquarium, it's very exciting, I feel like a painter in front of a blank canvas!

I just purchased a 55g tank off of Craigslist. I have put down sand with a sub layer of FloraMax and planted 6 plants. I plan on purchasing more plants but am avoiding going shopping till the mad shoppers go home after Christmas.

All the Ma and Pa LFS are out of business but we have an abundance of Meijer's and Walmart's, there is also a Petco and Petsmart in town. The local aquarium clubs are over an hour away and I prefer to stay local. Also the mail order fish is just to expensive for shipping. Maybe someday but not on a new setup (I want things like CO2, UV sterilizer, Canister Filters and LED first).

So here it is:

5-6 loaches, I like clown loaches but am worried about there adult size. I would appreciate suggestions on possibilities.

1 Pleco, one that doesn't get to big.

3 male guppies and 6 female guppies.

2 Angelfish to keep the guppy population in check.

And finally Tetras, I like Cardinals but not sure about there comparability. Also how many can I fit in this setup?

I am not going to introduce fish for another week or two and probably wait on sales, so only 5 or so a week. I have an established 20g aquarium (3 years) with an Angelfish, Guppies, Albino Cory's and a Pleco.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm only gonna say that I would never buy fish based on their current size. Pretend those clowns are full size. Will they all fit? Nope. Plan on getting fish that will.

I do however think they look great as juveniles. It's just to bad they don't stay that way!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.