The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I've had a few tanks in the past but nothing recently, so I've decided to put my old 37 gallon column tank to use.

What I really want is to have a moderately planted natural looking setup with a pair/trio of German blue rams as the centerpiece fish with a school of 10-12 dither fish (most likely cardinal tetras) and perhaps some hatchet fish. Since the tank is tall (20Lx18Wx24H) I was really hoping to have fish to fill each level of the tank.

I've decided to go with the SunSun HW-302 Canister Filter and am now trying to figure out what heater to go with. I thought a 200w heater might be overkill for 37 gallons, but then a 150w might have a tougher time keeping the tank as warm as GBRs like and I don't want the heater running all the time.

I could also use suggestions for lighting. I would prefer a low-tech setup as I don't have a ton of $$ to spend on the tank and don't want to spend a fortune on lighting.

Any advice/suggestions on any aspect of my setup would be appreciated.

*To be clear, I understand that GBRs can be "fragile" and I plan to have the tank up, running, and cycled for at least a few months with my dither fish before purchasing any rams.

Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.