The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had an old 5 gallon planted tank going in my bathroom. Seems kind of weird to have a bathroom tank but it actually works out, with a 90 gallon reef in the dining room wasn't much room anywhere else.

Anyways, long story short I am re-imagining this tank and upgrading everything(tank included). First step was ordering this 11 gallon high clarity rimless tank from truaqua. Gotta say I was pretty impressed with the packaging when it arrived.

Bump: So after I got it out the box and all checked for cracks and what not, the tank itself is actually pretty awesome. Really impressive silicon work, I've only seen ADA tanks in pictures but these truaqua tanks look pretty darn close(and quite a bit cheaper).

Bump: So then I got all the equipment on the table and ready to roll, decided to go with aqua soil since I've heard so many good things about it. Inline heater to keep equipment out of the tank, eheim canister for reliability, and some glass lily pipes from ebay(10$, heck of a deal for the quality).

*can't figure out how to do these as separate replies/posts instead of bumping one huge list of pictures, any tips?*

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
After unpacking everything I got the stand all put together(jbj nano stand actually had perfect dimensions for the tank), got the substrate and hardscape where I want them for now and just waiting the cycle out. I put a few plants in to maybe soak up a little of the ammonia from the aqua soil.

Edit: last photo wants to go sideways no matter how I try to edit it...strange. Anyways that's what it looks like now. Will try to get better pictures once I add the rest of the plants. Have a huge sword plant that grows about 6" out of the water on my old tank I want to add along with a lot of other plants.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.