The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It occurred to me that I've been posting here and there, but I've never actually formally introduced myself.

My name is Noodles, I have a black thumb when it comes to terrestrial plants but took the leap into aquatic plants a bit after getting into the hobby. To my surprise I've had good luck with most lower tech plants... outside of Java ferns and wisteria, those plants just hate me no matter what I try lol

I have 10 permanent tanks as of right now, and one temporary fry setup thats taken down when not in use.
All of these tanks have some form of plants, though one houses mystery snails and goldfish so plants are kept in a breeder box to protect them while providing nitrate control. So not really a truly "planted" tank.
I keep mostly low light, but have a couple higher light tanks, I dose ThriveS a couple times a week and use root tabs for the swords as needed in combination. No CO2 on any tank. That is out of my comfort zone for the time being, but maybe one day.

Currently these are my tanks below. I will list their sizes, if anyone has questions about them, I'd be happy to answer, but I'd like to keep the text from becoming a novel.

10gallon sparkling gourami only

3.5gallon betta

20gallon corydoras eques only (high light)

2.5gallon red neocaridina shrimp

55gallon community (high light)

5gallon betta

4gallon boraras+blue neocaridina shrimp

20gallon pangio loach+dwarf/honey gourami hybrid

55gallon south american community

And my last one is the goldfish tank, so I won't post the tank as its not really planted, but I'll share the plants in the breeder box:
Duckweed, hornwort, bladderwort, and Chinese arrowhead (which is insanely fast growing)

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
I guess you are MTS brand noodle, lol.

/see some good looking arrowheads in your picture, coincident.
I just came back from Asia supermarket with a plate of arrowhead bulbs size of large eggs, no plan to cook them, bought them for my neighbor. He wants some healthy arrowhead plants but the bulbs I have in my backyard small pond are just too small, now I can give him this plate of bulbs and he will put them in his 1200 Gallon koi pond...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess you are MTS brand noodle, lol.

/see some good looking arrowheads in your picture, coincident.
I just came back from Asia supermarket with a plate of arrowhead bulbs size of large eggs, no plan to cook them, bought them for my neighbor. He wants some healthy arrowhead plants but the bulbs I have in my backyard small pond are just too small, now I can give him this plate of bulbs and he will put them in his 1200 Gallon koi pond...
They grow so incredibly fast too. Some leaves damaged from taking them home in the cold, but they have grown soooooo fast within a week. Ive never had luck with emergent plants or land plants, so for these to be doing so well I am over the moon about. They're such pretty plants too. Finally something that can tackle the nitrates in between water changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.