The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been in this hobby for 3 years now and i never seen any algae in my tank beside black spot algae, which covers the leaves and make them look dark instead of healthy green color. no matter what i did it is still there, with ei dosing, high co2 nothing seems to work on it.

IMO i blame the lights, T5HO isn't that great at all as people believe, i agree its energy saver and produce more light, but i did not have spot algae when i used to use PC fixtures in the past, i even have the t5ho lifted 28" away from substrate but still no luck.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Have you tried adding additional KH2PO4? I used to have alot of green spot algae on driftwood and Java Ferns using 3x25 watt T8s on a 46 gallon bowfront. That was when I thought starving the tank of phosphates was the thing to do.

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Extra po4 will not hurt your plants but helps to get rid of spotted algae....I 110% agree with PC is better as compared to T5HO.

Go back to Dry dosing instead of playing with diluted fert...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.