The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a stem that is bout 13-14 inches , the top is beautiful , the middle is alright and the bottom is bare . the question is ...it is finally settlin in and has three shootis off the very bottom , i am excited it is propagating some new stems for me but would the little guys benefit from chopping the big stem off or should i wait till they get bigger? the shoots are only maybe inch long

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I think you would be fine with chopping the big stem off and replanting the big stem elsewhere.

That really is a pretty plant and the more I see of it, the more I want it over the red varieties.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and OVT it is wat i got from u , but i have moved it couple times and this is the first time it really settled in where i put and got enough light , maybe y first time i got shoots of it , love this plant ! ty ^^

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
Chop it off and re-plant the top.
I would cut it now, unless you like the way it looks.
Cut right above where the off-shots are connected to the parent plant. Cut the trimming right under the first set of leaves at the bottom. Strip off 4-6 nodes of leaves and plant.

And it's looking good. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.