The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how long would you suggest keeping my nerites in a separate tank after dosing their home tank with No Planaria? I would like to add them back eventually. I dosed to kill a small hydra outbreak. I was thinking maybe after 2 months ? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
Please don't post the same question in multiple places repeatedly. Once is plenty. I've also moved your post to the proper section so you get better responses.

Unfortunately? It could last for weeks/months in the substrate. Activated carbon can help filter it out of your water, along with water changes, but it won't do much for what's in the substrate. Each tank is different, so it could take quite a while.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
6 months to a year... if you want to play it safe

I have heard of some people not being able to introduce snails back in at 4 months

Although, that said, if you really want to take care of the nerites, set up a brackish tank for them! I hear they thrive better in brackish water anyway...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6 months to a year... if you want to play it safe

I have heard of some people not being able to introduce snails back in at 4 months

Although, that said, if you really want to take care of the nerites, set up a brackish tank for them! I hear they thrive better in brackish water anyway...
Thank you for your reply. I have them in their own tank at the moment. Wow, I did not think close to a year but I rather be safe than sorry. I appreciate your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts