The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I went to the local salt water fish store today and couldn't resist buying nerite snails...Now I have a couple of questions if you don't mind helping me. First off these nerites have been in salt water, I know nerites move back and forth between salt, brackish, and freshwater, my question is how long should it take to convert them to freshwater? The LFS guy was just guessing and said 24 hours, but he also laughed when I told him I wanted them for a freshwater tank, thought they were only salt water snails.....I'm guessing his advice isn't the best lol.

2nd question is I have assassin snails. Now the tank I want to put them in has the assassins, will the assassins eat the nerites? If so it's not a big deal I've got other tanks that don't have any assassins. Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of them eating nerites.

3rd Question is, what types of algae to nerites eat again? You don't have to asnwer this one really, I'm just being lazy and not searching hoping someone will spoon feed me on this one lol. I'm hoping they'll get rid of gsa but if not no big deal.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah figured they'd eat them. As far as converting them the guy only gave me about a cup of water with them, so I've got them on a reaaaallllyyy slow drip. About a drop every 5 or 6 seconds. Hopefully that is slow enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.