The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Nerite has been hibernating since I brought him home, weeks ago. The other four Nerites I bought at the same time were scooting around eating algae as soon as I put them in the tank. After about a week, I moved him to a warmer tank (78 degrees F) without CO2, but he still just sits there. Sometimes he'll move a couple inches and then stay there for several days. Or if I move him to the substrate, he'll migrate to the glass a couple inches from the surface and camp out there. His shell looks like the tip of the apex is damaged. Could that be the problem? He's been that way for as long as I've had him. Is there anything I should do or do I just wait and see if he ever wakes up?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've had plenty of nerites over the years with an apex that looked like that and they lived a long time so I doubt that's the problem. As long as it's still clinging to the glass I would just let it alone. If it voluntarily goes to the gravel and just stays there not moving for weeks then there's a problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had one that looked just like yours. It wasn't nearly as active as some of my other nerites, especially the smaller ones. I can't say it ever stayed still for weeks at a time but definitely days at a time, here and there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.