The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had here like that for 1 1/2 months

So I think it's a desise but I need some one to tell me wat to do I am going to cut the feeding. :confused:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
try feeding a couple of peas boiled for a minute, then take the pea shell off and feed them the guts of the pea. Only feed this for 2 days, to the whole tank. No other food is given. Then watch out, they will poop a lot. That should fix the little guy in short order. Try the pea before treating for something.

What is your water change schedule?
What size tank?
What are the number and types of fish in this tank?
Filter?
Live plants?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Info info info :)

Tank: 15 Gallons
Water Changes: When gets dirty but its going to Change to 1 time a Month Cause im getting a ||Eheim Quick Vac Pro|| Its Awesome
Fish: 5 Black Neon Tetras - 6 Neon Tetras
Filter: AQUA-TECH 5-15 Gallons design
Live Plants: Cyperus Helferi , Cardinal Plant , other is a pic

SO MANY PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLZ :help:

Just ADDED Root Tabs so the water got cloudy its mostly crustal clear all the time

Attachments

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You might want to switch to 50% each week. Those look like a lot of fish in a little tank my friend. Clean water is your friend. I do 50% on all my tanks (except shrimp) every week. Clean water is key to keeping a happy tank. Plus your plants and fish can use the minerals in your tap water.

Can you post your water parameters?
Nirates
Nirtrites
Ammonia
Ph

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You need to up your water changes to 50% each week, Nitrite is VERY bad, it can cause disease to pop up and gill inflammation, gill damage, internal damage and body fungus. A host of things that can be avoided. Yep, feed a freshly boiled pea, it can be frozen too. I used to keep a big bag in the freezer when I kept bettas, they love peas! Make sure you really get into the gavel when you vacuum. You want the plants to have food yes, but too much and they can burn their roots!

·
Banned
3,261 Posts
You need a much larger filter capacity. The size of that thing is barely able to nitrify for 5 fish and you have more than 10 and are considering adding more. AmmoSafe is a temp solution. You're best doing large WCs (50%) daily until you get a large filter. Yes, remove any uneaten food.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
did you take the shells off the peas? And only put the guts into the water? You need to do a large 75% water change, and upgrade the filter. This tank looks like I have and its a 5.5 gallon Ammoniasafe is going to take care of the Nrite, and a nice big water change will. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts