The Planted Tank Forum banner

Neon Tetra help

2068 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Complexity
I introduced 6 Neon Tetras 2 days ago. However, they are not acting right. They are starting to look disoriented when they swim. :eek: They swim with no direction and sometimes in a corkscrew type pattern. After, they look exhausted and settle on the bottom of the tank not moving :(. I am a newbie to freshwater tanks and need help. Thanks!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Pelvicachromis Lover!
5,106 Posts
Really, the best advice I can give someone buying from the above mentioned retailers is just to try to buy them when they are on sale and buy 2-3 x's as many as you really want because its likely if you do that you MAY end up with the actual amount you want that are healthy after two weeks.
I agree completely. And would like to add that these fish must be put in a quarantine tank (QT) for at least 2 weeks so the sick fish won't infect all the fish in your main tank. Only after you have not had any illnesses, oddities, growths, or deaths for 2 weeks in the QT would I consider it safe to add the fish to the main tank.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.