The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m giving my current QT tank to a girlfriend who wants to jump in at the hobby (she fell in love with my 100 gal tank before it broke, unfortunately she didn´t fall in love with me)

The tank is currently cycled (has a hagen 30 hob) with lights, some plants floating around and had a single neon and a pleco inhabiting it until last saturday. The rest is bare bottom.

She loves neon tetras and bettas but I´m not sure that combination would work, so I was thinking on setting her up the tank just with neons and corys, on a planted setup.

How many neons and corys you think I can house there? It´s been such a looong time since I had a small tank and don´t want her to start with a left foot overcrowding it

Tank is 10 gal bowfront, HOB hagen filter sized for a 20 gal tank, heater and the lamp is a single bulb T8 with 15watts (pink, plant grower lamp). What plants do you recommend for this setup? (I have some spare rotala, ludwiga repens, and dwarf sag and some kind of crypt)

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Depends on the Cories. If you can get dwarf cories, that would be ideal. With dwarf cories, you could go about 7 of each and be OK.

I'd try to stick with smaller Cories if at all possible... 3 panda or peppered cories would probably be OK with 5 or so Neons.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect, that sounds great, I was thinking also somewhere around 7, max 10 neons with just 3 cories max, but I´ll keep it max to 7 neons plus 3 cories to give all of them enough space and not overwhelm my friend with the care required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.