The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of the shrimp scene for a while. Lately I got myself some near solid dark blue shrimp. I just assumed they are neocaridinia, I didn't know caridinia can look like that nowadays. :D

But of course I learned that shrimps that look like that is most probably caridinia. Then I realised they are a tad small for for neocaridinia, I assumed they just aren't fully grown. They fact that they keep dropping dead could be because my I keep my tank around 27-28ºC and was 30ºC last week to get rid of some ich.

Body colouration wise, they look like this.

Of course, I gotta get myself some picture, but it is near impossible to get a picture that is worth anything with them so few and so tiny and so deep in the bushes. So while I keep trying, how common is it for neocaridinia to look like that?

·
Registered
304 Posts
These are Blue Diamond Neocaridina, offsprings of the Chocolate Neocaridina.

You were lucky these are Neo, cause if they were caridina, you should have lost most of them when your tank reached the 30°C

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.