The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello Guys,

I have 195 Litre Planted Tank ( No Co2 ) it's been established for 3 years now.
I'm Dosing Micro and Macro ( 3 Days Micro 5ml, 3 Days Macro 5ml, 1 Day Off )

I have over 150 Neocaridina ( Brown + Transparent since I mixed the colors ) and Ramshorn snail ( No Fish )

My Tab Water Parameters are

75 TDS
7.6 PH
2 KH
Almost 0-1 GH
26-27 Temp

My Tank Water Parameters are

100 TDS
7.6 PH
2 KH
Almost 0-1 GH

I have no issue with existing Neocaridina they are really in good health and breeding crazy and no deaths.

i know my TDS is low and GH as well, but I have a bad experience with Neocardina, I spent a lot of money on another tank to make the water parameters just perfect, I've used RO water and GH+ and everything the water parameters almost perfect and the shrimps keep on dying, so I decided after a lot of loses to quit and through what shrimps remain alive into the main tank ( 195 Litre Tank ) I surprised and noticed when I stopped care, they start to accumulate and breeding :).

Now, I've decided to just put one color ( Dream Blue ) , so I bought 50 Pcs and did dropping thing and put them inside the tank of course after I separate the old ( 150 Transparent Shrimps ) , now I have them for 1 week and noticed only 1 death so far.

My question should I leave everything as its and hope they will accumulate like the old ones or do I have to adjust the water parameters? I'm afraid if I play with the parameters they will all die :)

please advise.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Hello Guys,

I have 195 Litre Planted Tank ( No Co2 ) it's been established for 3 years now.
I'm Dosing Micro and Macro ( 3 Days Micro 5ml, 3 Days Macro 5ml, 1 Day Off )

I have over 150 Neocaridina ( Brown + Transparent since I mixed the colors ) and Ramshorn snail ( No Fish )

My Tab Water Parameters are

75 TDS
7.6 PH
2 KH
Almost 0-1 GH
26-27 Temp

My Tank Water Parameters are

100 TDS
7.6 PH
2 KH
Almost 0-1 GH

I have no issue with existing Neocaridina they are really in good health and breeding crazy and no deaths.

i know my TDS is low and GH as well, but I have a bad experience with Neocardina, I spent a lot of money on another tank to make the water parameters just perfect, I've used RO water and GH+ and everything the water parameters almost perfect and the shrimps keep on dying, so I decided after a lot of loses to quit and through what shrimps remain alive into the main tank ( 195 Litre Tank ) I surprised and noticed when I stopped care, they start to accumulate and breeding :).

Now, I've decided to just put one color ( Dream Blue ) , so I bought 50 Pcs and did dropping thing and put them inside the tank of course after I separate the old ( 150 Transparent Shrimps ) , now I have them for 1 week and noticed only 1 death so far.

My question should I leave everything as its and hope they will accumulate like the old ones or do I have to adjust the water parameters? I'm afraid if I play with the parameters they will all die :)

please advise.

Thank you.
It sounds like you already have them in a tank for a week. If it's working then go with it. No reason to try to change things when you already have a proven system.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you @minorhero this is what crosses my mind, adjusting parameters after 3 years has risks.

my question is, what are the indicators I should monitor that the new Blue shrimps not Accumulating, I mean if it will be measured by deaths how often its acceptable? I have only 1 death for one week.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
thank you @minorhero this is what crosses my mind, adjusting parameters after 3 years has risks.

my question is, what are the indicators I should monitor that the new Blue shrimps not Accumulating, I mean if it will be measured by deaths how often its acceptable? I have only 1 death for one week.
By now you have pretty good handle on what is normal shrimp behavior. If you see them doing things that are not normal, that's a good indication that its not going well. And of course deaths. But honestly if you made it a week with only 1 death out of 50 you are doing pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts