The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued these two from someone who was tearing down their tank. They had gotten rid of everything else and was just gonna “feed these to the birds” if I didn’t want to take them. So I took em and added them to my 120xh. I think the big dark one is a Synodontis alberti, its about 7 inches long. I think the small orange-ish one may be a Corydoras Paleatus but it really doesn’t look like the pics I’ve seen. It’s maybe 3 inches long. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The two catfish are Synodontis.

The first one is not Syn. alberti - spotting pattern is wrong as is the dorsal & barbel configuration if the fish is 7" in size. S. alberti has barbel length reaching the base of the caudal fin. S. alberti has a very large eye as well.

The second fish is likely one of the several artificially spawned Synodontis hybrids often offered by Bioaqutix under fanciful names. It could also be an aberrant color pattern of S. lucipinnis, S. multipunctatus or a mix.

They are certainly not of the New World genus Tatia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.