The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an AquaMedic Regulator with solenoid and a needle value. when the solenoid is shut off, the CO2 is closed fully without problem. but the new morning when solenoid is on, there is no CO2 bubbles going through my bubble counter and I have to manually open needle value large to see the bubbles and then turn it back to small. I have to do it every morning. Really a headache.. do you guys have any clue what is wrong with the needle value and how to fix it? Thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for AquaMedic Requlator, the working pressure is fixed at around 20 psi. the CO2 line has some water close to the bubble counter, which is pushed into bubble counter after I open needle valve large. I am using powerhead + reactor as CO2 diffuser.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I had the exact same problem. Water was getting sucked out of the bubble counter into the needle valve. I added a second check valve to fix that problem. The needle valve runs in line, the bubble counter is made out of a small water bottle, and I'm using an in line PVC diffuser.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.