The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post which mentioned a Swagelok metering valve with a CV of 0.004 being very low (ie. good), but this was for a smaller tank. I'm looking at one for a 33 gal. What kind of CV am I looking for?

I've found a Swagelok metering valve described as high-flow, and swagelok's PDF for the product says the CV is 0.15. For comparison, Ideal's 52 series go from about 0.019 to 0.22.

So what would be ideal for me? Do you think the 0.15/high flow Swagelok would be too much?

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, bradac. that's just as good a deal as the high-flow i found, but is probably a better fit for my uses.

i appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
You'll also need to get a Tube Fitting Adapter for that valve but there not much and easy to put on the links for all of the swag parts are in Left_C's dead Victor Pimp thread or on his new one over on { http://www.barrreport.com }

- Brad

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Look for the lowest Cv available. The lower the Cv the finer, the metering valve.

If you can couple low Cv and high number of turns open/closed you have a very tunable metering valve on your hands. That is what is killer about the Ideal, low Cv and high number of turns open and closed.

You can cruise eBay for weeks and have a hard time finding a valve as good as the Ideal for just that reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.